The ugly fungi aren’t all poisonous or dangerous! One of the nicest tasting fungi is the truffle which won’t ever win any beauty contests! Some really ugly fungi that you wouldn’t ever think of eating are the slime molds. These are yellow and shiny and look a little like somebody has been very ill on the ground! The fungi that wins the contest from being ugliest though, is mildew. Mildew grows anywhere there is damp and destroys everything from paint to crops.
Do you want to know how slime molds get around? Click on the link to Find out more!